Wednesday, July 12, 2017

🍍 Time to Meet our 3rd Quarter Guest Designers for 2017!


Hello and happy Wednesday folks! It is July and that means our Guest Designers for the 3rd quarter of 2017 are ready to start inspiring you!

In an effort to help our guests feel like they are more a part of the main team, we will be continuing to showcase their work right alongside our blog team in our Thursday inspiration line-up just like we have done during the previous three quarters. Generally, you will be seeing their work during the 2nd & 4th weeks of the month, which is consistent with how it has always been. However, depending on how busy our guests get with extra projects, you might see their work during other Thursdays as well, possibly see some of their creations as part of a New Release line-up or even during our fourth Saturday of the month Challenge Reminder. You'll just have to keep a look out for them so you don't miss any of their wonderful creations!

So on that note, how about we get to know the two incredible designers who will be joining us for the next three months?! 

First up let's meet
KREN
Kren is a nickname for Karen and rhymes with wren. I am a native Floridian so I call myself a flamingo. My husband and I love to take trips to exotic places, but when we leave on a trip, I always pack coloring tools, images, or card kits to assemble along the way. I have been making greeting cards for more than 15 years and love to make my own background papers, use rubber stamps and dies, and work with digital images. I have served on more than a dozen design teams and love to create with all styles of images. I am happy to be on the Imagine That Digistamp GDT!

Below is a previous card that Kren created using an image from

and papers from



Kren has created a really sweet patriotic card. I really like her choice of papers and the simple layout. Some classic ribbon and stitching around the image provides some nice finishing touches. I also like that she added a ribbon under the bear's neck to decorate him up just a little bit more and make him festive for the event.

Click HERE to find more details on this card.
Next up we have
DOROTHY
I am excited to be a guest designer for Imagine That Digitstamp. I have been stamping for about 15 years. Before that, my experience in crafting was limited to counted cross stitch. I was a French teacher for 30 years, and had little time for crafts. 
My husband and I recently celebrated our 60th anniversary. We have two married children and 6 grandkids. If you ask, I could talk about them a lot! Hubby and I share a passion for travel and cruising. After our retirement, we spent 10 years living full time in our motor home. We recently settled permanently in a home in Arizona.

 Below is a previous card that Dorothy created using
 
 
Dorothy has created a beautiful sympathy card. I like how she has kept it relatively simple and I really like the white on white texture with the embossed sentiment and decorative element at the bottom. Using just four strips of colour really brings out the colours of the image itself.

Click HERE to find more details on this card.

Welcome ladies!

Please join me in welcoming Kren & Dorothy as our guests for the third quarter of the year. I look forward to seeing what they have in store for us during their time here and hope that you all do as well. Please pop by and visit them on their personal blogs if you have the chance. Simply click on the respective blog links found under each of their names above.

Interested in being a Guest Designer during an upcoming quarter? Leave us a comment, contact us using the contact form found at the bottom of the sidebar, or simply add GDT after your name if you join us during a challenge!

Be sure to check out tomorrow's Thursday Inspiration post (July 13th), when you'll get to see the first projects from our new Guest Designers right along side our main blog design team members!

For now, happy crafting until we meet again!

4 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Wonderful cards and welcome.

Deanne Saunders said...

Welcome ladies!!!

monique said...

lovely cards and welcome

Dorothy S said...

Thank you for making me feel welcome! I look forward to these next months.